Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two Way Streets

My brother mentioned in his latest blog that Democracy is a two way street. Got me to thinking... (I know, that's dangerous, right?)

Life itself is a two way street. And it's amazing how many people out there don't realize it. I see it everyday in my own personal life. Personal communication, business dealing, etc. You have to give in order to take.

You can't not call, write, or visit someone and expect them to keep in touch with you. Family or not.

You can't propose a contract, but be unwilling to negotiate it.

You shouldn't HATE a person just because she stands up for her husband.

Seriously, people need to realize the world is not about THEM. It's about everyone. One time on a band trip someone yelled, "Can't we all get along?!?!". The answer was a collective "No!". I'm pretty sure that this gets more and more true every day.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad that this is what the world is coming to. I may cancel my proposed trip to Panama this year. I may go instead to a place either in Central America, Asia, or Africa and give my time and money to people that genuinely need it. We live in the richest country on earth, but the prosperity we enjoy has warped us as a nation. America has turned into a pit of greed. Time to do something to turn this ship around before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete